We are hiring !
Space Software Engineer (CAP_17S05)
Posted in January, 2018
Tasks to be performed include:
- Configuration of computers systems and software enviroments for simulation and test.
- Analysis of software and software specification documents.
- Definition of test procedures.
- Creation and execution of tests scripts and reporting results.
- Creation of project reports, manuals and other deliverables.
- Preparation of time schedules, with estimates of effort and resources for work planning.
Suitable candidates will have:
- A graduate degree in science or engineering, with a proven ability to solve problems independently and methodically.
- Good communication skills with an ability to work in a collaborative environment. Good command of written and spoken English.
- At least 2 years relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of the software life cycle, space applications, their operations and on-board computer systems.
- Familiarity with the necessary software tools, development languages, scripting languages and databases.
- Good documentation skills
- Willingness to travel and collocate at project participating sites.
Desirable SkillsFamiliarity or experience with the European Space Agency's standards for software and project engineering.
Candidates interested in this position are invited to apply by e-mail with CV and information about earliest start availability and salary expectation, referencing the position code for the attention of Jonathan Kennedy at firstname.lastname@example.org
What you gain by working at Captec...
Develop software for space missions
Captec has been involved in developing key software for Deep Space missions such as Rosetta, which landed on a comet, and Huygens, which landed on one of the moons of Saturn. We are currently contributing to scientific missions which will advance human knowledge of the Sun, Jupiter and its moons, Mercury, and the early Galaxy.
Be part of a succesful team
Captec employees are part of an experienced team with an international reputation for contributing to successful, high-profile aerospace projects. As we are small, every employee has an opportunity to be involved in all aspects of a project, including the non-technical components such as contact with customer and management. While a small company, we work with many different components of a spacecraft alongside a wide range of large and small companies across Europe.
Employees gain insight into many different technologies used in Space missions. These technologies are always evolving; as is the development and design of the software. Our team members will learn about these both through working with our experienced employees and will also regularly get trained by our international partners to stay at the forefront of the lastest techology.
Employees have frequent opportunities to work abroad with international partners and significant co-location benefits.
Captec offers to contribute toward a health insurance policy from a major Irish provider.
Convenient location and offices
Our employees enjoy Captec’s location in the beautiful seaside village of Malahide. Offices are located in the centre of Malahide just 5 minutes walk from the train station and bus stops, coffee shops, and other local amenities. The offices are located in a Georgian building with seafront views. In addition to your office space, we provide a kitchenette for tea/coffee making and a garden for employees to enjoy on their breaks.